Members of KARAT Coalition are organizations and individuals from Central & Eastern European and Central Asian countries that agree with and support the statutory objectives of KARAT Coalition.
To become a regular member of KARAT Coalition an organization should provide KARAT Secretariat with:
- Completed membership application form
- Two recommendations signed by two KARAT members
- A short letter (application) explaining why the organization would like to become a KARAT member
The registration form, application and recommendations have to be sent to KARAT Secretariat:
- by post: KARAT Coalition, ul. Walecznych 26/5, 03-916 Warsaw, Poland OR
- by e-mail: email@example.com (the signed and scanned version) OR
- by fax: +48 22 6282003 (the signed and scanned version).
In case of any further questions please contact Agnieszka Walko-Mazurek at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com ; tel./fax.: (48) 22 628 20 03
- The applications are reviewed by KARAT Board, at least twice a year.
- KARAT Board informs candidates about their admission or denial.
The rights and obligations of KARAT members are described in Section III of KARAT Statute.
Members, their rights and obligations
(the extract from the KARAT’s statute)
Members of KARAT Coalition are:
1. Organizations as regular members
2. Individual members, women or men.
A regular member of KARAT Coalition is any organization that:
1. Agrees with and supports the statutory objectives of KARAT Coalition.
2. Fills a membership registration form and writes an application to the Board.
3. Has at least one year experience in gender equality issues.
4. Operates within the Region.
5. Is recommended in a written form, signed by two members of KARAT Coalition.
6. Is accepted by the Board.
Regular members have the right to:
1. Participate, with a decisive vote, in the General Assembly.
2. Elect and be elected member of the bodies of KARAT COALITION. A new member can be elected to the Board after one year upon admission to KARAT COALITION and to the other bodies after six months.
3. Make proposals for the activities of KARAT COALITION. Regular member or group of members or individual member (see para 13, rights of individual member) can propose motion/s concerning KARAT COALITION’s strategy, program and/or activities. The written motion (with short justification) has to be submitted to the Board at least one month before the General Assembly. The motions are voted by the General Assembly.
4. Participate in all activities and projects of KARAT COALITION.
Regular members are obliged to:
1. Comply with the Statute and Ethical Code and resolutions passed by the bodies of KARAT Coalition.
2. Actively pursue the mission and objectives of KARAT Coalition.
1. A physical person (woman or man) who has extensive history (at least 3 years) of supporting/promoting KARAT COALITION in pursuing its statutory objectives is eligible to become an individual member.
2. Individual membership is accepted by the Board.
3. Any regular KARAT COALITION member can recommend to the Board a candidate for an individual member.
4. An individual member:
– has the advisory voice and all rights of a regular member, except passive and active right of vote,
– can make proposals for the activities of KARAT COALITION (see para 11, point 3),
– can participate in all activities of KARAT COALITION.
Membership in KARAT COALITION expires in case of:
1. Voluntary resignation submitted in writing to the Board.
2. Dissolution of a given member organization.
3. Exclusion by decision of the Board, due to a failure to comply with the provisions of the Statute and resolutions passed by the bodies of KARAT COALITION or due to any action that has harmed the work of KARAT COALITION.
A member can appeal to the Board against a decision, which stipulates its exclusion from KARAT COALITION within 30 days. The General Assembly, whose decision shall be final, must consider the appeal.
Principles of cooperation within KARAT Coalition Members cooperate on basis of equal partnership as set by the principles of cooperation in the KARAT Coalition’s Ethical Code.