Advocacy for the implementation of CEDAW in Poland 2010 – 2012
CEDAW в Польши (2010 – 2012)
The objective of the project is to mobili ze CSOs around advocacy for the implementation of the CEDAW provision in the critical areas of women’s human rights.
How are we working:
KARAT implements this project through cooperation with other CSOs, where KARAT coordinates activities of an informal coalition of CSOs focusing at increasing awareness of decision makers on the State’s obligations related to implementation of CEDAW.
- Mobilization of women’s rights advocates and experts for the advocacy for the full implementation of CEDAW in Poland.
- Monitoring of the state implementation of CEDAW Committee’s Concluding Observations (e.g. introduction of anti-discrimination law, enhancement of representation of women in political life, recognition of high prevalence of illegal abortion).
- Engaging in the constructive dialogue with decision-makers for the full implementation of CEDAW and advancement of the de facto situation of women in Poland, including through the participation in the upcoming CEDAW reviewing session scheduled for 2012.
- Elaboration of the independent alternative/shadow report on the status of implementation of the Convention in Poland for the CEDAW Committee.
- Special focus on reproductive and sexual health and rights (SRHR) of women in Poland that includes: research on the gap between the de facto situation and international human rights standards, as well as identification of barriers limiting women’s access to justice in the area of sexual and reproductive health and rights.
For more information on this project please contact Magda Pochec at: email@example.com